The Board of Trustees of the South San Antonio Independent School District is accepting applications for individuals to be appointed to serve as School Trustees for Single Member Districts 1, 2 and 7. It is the intent of the Board of Trustees to appoint individuals to serve in these positions on Wednesday, September 18, 2019.. If appointed, the selected individual will serve a term of office beginning on the date of appointment, and ending in November 2020.
The Board may name any person in the community for consideration of potential appointment, as long as the individual meets the legal eligibility requirements. For an individual to be eligible for appointment an individual must be:
(1) a United States citizen;
(2) 18 years of age or older (on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment);
(3) has not been determined (by a final judgment of a court) to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated;
(4) has not been convicted of a felony;
(5) has resided continuously in the State of Texas for twelve months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the date the appointment is made;
(6) registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date of appointment; and finally
(7) an appointed board member for a single-member school district must be a resident of the district that the appointee is placed to represent.
A map of the Trustee Districts is set forth below:
Interested citizens are required to mail their Letter of Interest/Resume to the following address below or should they choose, please send electronically to email@example.com
By Fax: tomichelle (512) 494-9919
By Mail to:
Mr. Kevin O’Hanlon
O’Hanlon, Demerath & Castillo
Attn: Trustee Vacancy
117 W. Craig Place
San Antonio, Texas 78212
Applicants seeking appointment must submit a letter of interest in the position not later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday September 17, 2019. Letters of interest may be submitted in written or electronic format.
Applicants should ensure that the information in the application form is submitted by the application date.