If you are interested in our Dual Language program, please complete the survey using the QR code below or click on the following link.
Dual Language Form
South San Antonio ISD: A Dual Language District
Our vision: Empowering our students to reach for academic achievements as bilingual, bi-literate, and bicultural global leaders in a multicultural society.
"Excelencia y Orgullo"
What is Dual Language?
- Your child will learn how to read, write and speak in both English and Spanish.
- Classrooms will be comprised of both Spanish speakers and English speakers.
- At the early grade levels, Spanish is used for most of the student’s instructional day, gradually increasing the amount of English instruction until students are receiving half of the instruction in each language by 4th grade.
- The native language and culture of each student are valued and honored to promote a bicultural community in the school.
Dual Language Program Goals
Goal 1: Students will perform at or above grade level in all academic areas in both English and Spanish.
Goal 2: Students will develop high levels of oral and written proficiency in both English and Spanish.
Goal 3: Students will develop an appreciation for and understanding of diverse cultures.
Benefits of Dual Language
Grade Level Entry into a Dual Language Two-Way Immersion Program:
- 2020-2021: Prekindergarten and Kindergarten
- 2021-2022: 1st Grade
- 2022-2023: 2nd Grade
- 2023-2024: 3rd Grade
- 2024-2025: 4th Grade
- 2025-2026: 5th Grade
"Excellence and Pride"