About the District
The South San Antonio Independent School District is located in the well-established south and southwest portion of San Antonio, covering 21 square miles.
GEAR UP Grant in partnership with UT IPSI
Community Partnership Grant
Advanced Placement (AP) classes
Program at all elementary schools
of students receive free breakfast and lunch
South San ISD provides outstanding instructional programs for pre- kindergarten through grade twelve. The faculty and support staff are committed to providing innovative and challenging experiences to produce successful learners.
South San ISD offers three Middle School Choice Academies with open enrollment available to all Bexar County middle school students. Students at all three Choice Academies will benefit from AVID, project- based learning, Pre-AP Courses, and high school credit courses.
South San Antonio High School students have the opportunity to enroll in a number of programs to include Early College, Dual Credit, Advanced Placement, Health Science Academy, and more than 22 Career and Technical Education pathways.
“The programs and resources provided through South San High School has given me the confidence to become a leader for tomorrow.”
– Emerie Poblano, Dual Credit HS Student
- We believe in constructive engagement of the school community for the success of our district.
- We believe in a strong support system for the school community to achieve excellence.
- We believe that innovative and challenging experiences for all students produce successful learners.
- We believe that trusting relationship among the school community are essential to student success.
- We believe that an inclusive school culture promotes positive student development and voice.
- We believe strong and effective student and adult leadership is essential to build a culture of high expectations.
Class of 2018 Highlights
hours earned in college credits
associate degrees earned