South San Antonio Independent School District welcomes your family to our Head Start program.The following are the additional services provided to your Head Start child:Education:
- Individualized Learning
- Quality Child/Staff Ratios
- Develop School Readiness Skills
- Culturally Diverse Activities
- Fostering of Each Child’s Independence
- Follows the district calendar and is a full-day program.
- Offers every child a quality, comprehensive preschool experience in a nurturing and safe environment.
- Effective early education programs improve the learning and development of all children.
- Provide developmentally appropriate teaching methods and instructional materials for its young learners.
- Serves Children with Disabilities, Including Severe Disabilities
- Screenings and Ongoing Assessments
- Individualized Activities
- Individual Education Plans
- Coordination with contractual and district resources
- Parent Advocacy and Training
Health and Safety:
Family Support Services:
- Medical and Dental Case Management
- Clean and Safe Environments
- Family Style Eating
- Nutritious Meals
- Promotion of Cultural Diversity
- Promotion of Self Sufficiency through Partnership Agreements
- Assistance with Accessing Community Resources and Services
- Transportation may be Available for Children Meeting Eligibility Criteria
- Opportunities for Parent Engagement Activities
SSAISD knows that parents are a child’s most important teachers and is committed to building strong relationships with parents in order to enhance and enrich the development of children.