SSAISD Head Start and Pre-K is currently enrollingfor the 2017-2018 school year!Thank you for your interest in the South San Antonio Head Start. Our program offers free educational and family services to eligible 3 & 4-year-olds and their families in South San Antonio Independent School Districts schools. To qualify for our services your child must be age eligible AND your family must either be income or categorically eligible.
3. Categorical Eligibility:
Head Start eligibility is granted, if your family meets any of the following categories
For additional information, please call our Head Start ERSEA Coordinator, Mrs. Trevinoat 210-977-7051.
- Birth certificate (Official)
- Social security card
- Photo ID (parent or guardian registering a child.)
- Immunization record (up to date shot record)
- Proof of medical insurance (Medicaid, CHIP, Private Insurance.)
- Proof of Residency (light, water, phone (landline), lease under parent/guardian’s name.)
- Handwritten letter (only applicable if the residence is not in parent's name. Letter must come from the person you are living with or landlord.)
- Disability documentation (IEP from the school district.)
- Income (previous 12 months of income to include, 1040 (a) Income Tax Form, 1099- Misc, W2's from all employers, Child Support Activity Report for the year, Unemployment, and any other sources of income.)
- Physical from physician
- Dental exam
- Federal Assistance (TANF, Supplemental Security Income, Foster, and Kinship)