The Texas Records Exchange (TREx) System is a web-based software application designed for the exchange of electronic student records as mandated by the 79th Legislature, 3rd Called Session, 2006 (House Bill 1). By using the TREx application, school registrars have the ability to electronically request and receive student records for students who have attended or will be attending Texas public schools. High school registrars and counselors also have the ability to electronically create and send official student transcripts to Texas public colleges and universities using TREx to access the University of Texas (UT) SPEEDE server.
TREx Training can be found at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=3847
You can follow the link and get there by pressing the Control button and clicking on the URL address above. You can also get there by going to the TEA webpage, clicking on the A-Z index, clicking on ‘T’ and scrolling down to the TREx tab.
The TEA webpage contains training materials for TREx Users and TREx Coordinators at school districts. It is important to note that this is a website administered by TEA and can be accessed only by users with a TEAL account. The school district cannot issue access or reset passwords. If you have difficulty with this application, you can call 1-512-463-7246 or email TREx@tea.state.tx.us for support. You may also visit the TEA webpage for a look at Frequent Questions and Answers; lots of people have the same question and it may already be answered for you.
Current TREX User Training Materials
· 2012 Vendor Training_TREx 3.9: Powerpoint (192 KB)
· 2012 ESC Training_TREx 3.9: Powerpoint (190 KB)
· 2012 TEASE to TEAL: Powerpoint (4.21MB)
· TREx v.3.9 User Guide: Word (5.26 MB) | PDF (3.85 MB)
Training Tutorials v.3.4 (added 6/01/09)
Current TREx Documentation for Education Service Centers
Training Presentations v3.6
· April 20 ESC Training Document - MS PowerPoint (342 KB)
· April 20 ESC Training Document - PDF (153.65 KB)
· Record Transfer Process: PDF (26.88 KB)
· AAR Transcript – Pending – No Graduation Program Seal: PDF (247.82 KB)
· AAR Transcript – Pending – With Graduation Program Seal: PDF (255.58 KB)
· AAR Transcript – Unofficial – No Graduation Program Seal: PDF (247.84 KB)
· AAR Transcript – Unofficial – With Graduation Program Seal: PDF (255.64 KB)
· Summary Activity Report: PDF (93.47 KB)