South San Antonio High School’s Valentine Classic
February 14, 2015
7535 Barlite Boulevard
San Antonio, TX 78224
We are proud to invite you to the South San Antonio High School’s Valentine Classic. The tournament will be held on Saturday, February 14, 2015, and will include all Speech, Debate, and Academic events, except hands-on computer science. As we did last year, we will be showing multiple movies throughout the meet in our state of the art million dollar planetarium for any students interested. We hope you are able to attend.
Deadline to enter: Friday, February 6, 2015.
Late Entries will be accepted as long as the limits have not been reached through Friday, February 6, 2015. For late entries, please email me.
Questions? Call David Loredo at 210-887-1987 or email email@example.com
UIL Academic Coordinator
SSHS Mathematics Chair
Begins @ 7:30 am on Saturday, 2/14/2015, in the Cafeteria. Have your students immediately proceed to and remain in the cafeteria located west of the main entrance off of Barlite Blvd. It is imperative that we start on time. CX and LD debaters who are late for round one will receive a bye-loss.
SSHS is located on Barlite Blvd which is between IH 35 and Military Drive. Buses can park on our student parking lot which is located in front of our Auditorium on the corner of Navajo and Barlite Blvd. The Cafeteria is located northwest from this lot by the baseball field.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
We want all teams to have a positive experience while at South San High School.
- Competitors may not enter contest rooms unless accompanied by a tournament official.
- Food (including candy) and beverages (except water) may not leave the cafeteria.
- CD players and iPods may only be played in the cafeteria.
- Competitors are expected to behave in a mature, respectful manner.
- Turn off all cell phones when entering a contest room.
- As per UIL rules, when using computers in CX, a paper copy of all evidence must be made available upon request of the opposing team.
- Competitors are expected to remain in the cafeteria when not competing or watching other performances.
- The gyms, track, and other fields are off limits.
- All SSAISD policies regarding vandalism and conduct are in effect and our campus police will handle any violations of these policies.
- An adult sponsor must accompany competitors at the tournament.
- South San High School is a tobacco and drug free campus.
- Any violation of this policy will result in campus police involvement.
There will be a hospitality room in the teacher’s lounge located next to the cafeteria. Food, snacks, and beverages will be provided throughout the day. There will be a concession stand for students in the cafeteria. We will have an open tab room in A300 which is also located next to the cafeteria, but any questions or concerns must be directed to the tournament director.